Sometimes people think they need an interior designer but they’re not quite clear on what that entails. They think that an interior designer is all about making things look pretty or helping them choose a paint colour or tile pattern. Believe me, we love to …
If you thought interior design was just about picking paint colours and fabrics, think again. Here I walk through what you can expect working with me, as an interior designer in the Comox Valley, on a full renovation, with examples from real clients. Initial consultation …
Interior design services
specializing in beach front and ocean view homes
While they’re commonly referred to as services, I actually like to think of what I offer as solutions to your pain points.
My knowledge, expertise and creativity, along with a proven and enjoyable collaborative process, result in a beautiful home that reflects how you want to feel and live in your home. You’ll love showing it off to family and friends.
From a simple two hour in home consultation to address your design dilemmas; to a colour consultation; to help picking out a backsplash, countertop and flooring; to putting together a room or a full home renovation, my interior design services are tailored to your needs.
Working within the Qualicum Beach, Comox Valley and Campbell River areas in person. Alternatively, I can work with you remotely through virtual design.
INTERIOR DESIGN Services Overview
Two Hour colour and/or design Consultation
You love interior decorating but you just need a bit of direction. In this two hour consultation, I will:
- Answer your design questions
- Suggest paint colours
- Solve design dilemmas
- Suggest improved furniture placement
- Provide a follow-up email detailing our discussion
- Provide large paint samples for your consideration
Please fill out this Client Intake Questionnaire in advance to make the most of our time together.
designer by your side
You’re excited to start your project but perhaps just need some guidance and confidence in terms of making the right decisions. Or perhaps you’re building a new home and just need some help to get to the finish line. That’s when the Designer By Your Side option is perfect. The service is tailored to your needs but may include:
- Floor plan and layout ideas
- Selections of finishes, furniture and fixtures
- Accompany you to a retailer or supplier to finalize selections
- Electrical and lighting plan
- Paint colour palette
- Advice throughout the process through meetings, phone and email conversations
- 3D Renderings may be provided if time allows
I’ll educate you about design along the way and how to pull it all together for a harmonious home that flows seamlessly from room to room. And we’ll have some laughs along the journey.
Investment: $1500 for 10 hours. Additional hours can be purchased as necessary.
3D space planning
Almost as hard as picking paint colours is selecting the hard finishes that go into a home. Will the backsplash tile go with the counter top? Does your floor play nicely with the counter top? Will all the furniture fit with the necessary allowances to walk around it? Allow me to show it all to you in a 3D Rendering:
- Turn 2D prints into a 3D visual
- See your actual choices in 3D to ensure that they all work together
- Provide you with a link to a 3D Panoramic View
- Provide you with Design Concept Boards, including various camera views as well as a furniture space plan
Investment starting at $1800 depending on square footage
*Please note this price does not include any selections of paint colours or other finishes
Full Service custom design
The Full Service Design option is best when remodelling a bathroom, kitchen or significant portion of your home. With a proven process, I’ll design your renovation from top to bottom and all points in-between.
- Initial Two Hour Design Consultation including full questionnaire
- Design Fee Presentation outlining full scope and key deliverables
- Preliminary Concept Development to show the design direction
- Design Development with 3D Renderings and Walk Throughs
- Construction Documentation including electrical and lighting plan
- Site Visits during construction
- Post Project Review
To read more about what is like to work with me on a full renovation, click the button below:
Investment: by quotation
3D Virtual Design Walkthrough example
“Working with Jane was a delight! As this was a first renovation, we had no idea where to start or what to do! She helped us on so many levels, from creating design boards and 3D renderings to construction documents, electrical plans and sourcing products! Renovations are stressful but knowing we could revert back to her plans and her advice put us at ease. We highly recommend using Jane for any of your design needs. We are already planning to use her again for the rest or our home renovations!”